A police report is one piece of evidence our Edmonds car accident lawyer will seek after your car accident. The report will provide the responding officer’s perspective about why the crash happened and could indicate who owes you compensation for your damages.
You can get a police report for a car accident in Edmonds, WA, by contacting the department that responded to your accident scene. The Washington State Patrol, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Department, and the City of Edmonds Police Department provide reports for accidents.
A Lawyer Will Pursue All Relevant Evidence From Your Car Accident
You can hire an Edmonds car accident lawyer to gather this information:
- Witness testimony: Your attorney will gather existing witness accounts and interview witnesses. Witnesses often have no reason to lie about the accident, so their testimony can be valuable when determining fault for a car accident.
- Expert services: Experts can testify about liability, reconstruct an accident, and help determine fault. Our team will cover experts’ fees at no additional cost to you.
- The police report: The police report is a critical part of our case. We will contact the responding police department and obtain the report for you.
- Video footage: If there is footage of your crash from security cameras, dash cameras, or other sources, we will obtain the video. A clear video may leave little doubt about how the accident happened and who is responsible for your losses.
- Photographs of vehicles: Damage to your car may help prove who is at fault for the accident. For example, if the rear of your vehicle is damaged, it could show the other car caused a rear-end collision.
Our firm has attorneys, paralegals, and investigators ready to investigate your collision in Edmonds. As soon as you retain our firm, we will build your case with evidence, including the police report detailing your accident.
What Else Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Their Client?
Your car accident lawyer’s responsibility is to get the money you deserve for accident-related damages. Thus, they’ll usually handle these tasks.
Dealing with Insurers
Our team will handle communications and negotiations with insurance companies. An insurer often wants to pay you as little as possible. Therefore, an insurer may:
- Deny your claim.
- Attempt to have you admit fault for the car accident.
- Dismiss or undervalue your injuries and losses.
- Try to deceive you about insurance policies.
- Use other bad-faith measures against you.
We will shield you from attempts to violate your rights or underpay you.
Organizing All Evidence Into a Cohesive Case File
Your lawyer will arrange all accident-related evidence logically. Each piece of evidence will help prove liability for your accident and resulting damages.
Documenting Damages and Calculating a Settlement Value
We will find proof of all your accident-related damages, which may include the following:
- Expert testimony about your economic and noneconomic damages
- Medical bills and records
- Proof of missed work and lost income
- Invoices for vehicle repairs
In addition, we will secure any other documentation of your losses that exists.
Negotiating a Settlement
Your attorney will negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If we pursue a claim, we will deal with adjusters and defense counsel to secure the compensation you deserve.
As settlement offers arrive, we will review the proposals with you. Our team will fight for the entire financial recovery you deserve, and we won’t advise you to settle for anything less.
Completing a Trial
Settlements are more common than trials in car accident cases. However, our Washington personal injury lawyers only settle your claim if it is in your best interests. Otherwise, we will take your case to trial, in which case we will:
- Manage all court-related dates and appearances.
- Prepare and question witnesses.
- Organize and present evidence.
- File motions and make objections, as necessary.
- Make opening and closing arguments.
- Request the jury award the compensation you deserve.
Our team has recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Car accidents can be costly, and you should have a law firm with years of experience leading your case.
Handling Every Other Detail of Your Case
Car accident cases present many challenges, some foreseeable but others unforeseeable. When you hire an Edmonds, WA, car accident lawyer from our firm, you free yourself from overcoming these challenges. Instead, our firm will manage every detail of your case so you can prioritize your recovery.
Recoverable Damages for Your Auto Accident in Edmonds, WA
Your car accident has caused harm, and our job is to answer these questions:
- Who caused the harm?
- What specific types of harm you have suffered?
- How much has the accident cost you?
We consider both economic and noneconomic damages, including the following:
- Medical bills: We will seek compensation for emergency transport and care, doctors’ visits, surgeries, medications, and all other accident-related healthcare services.
- Property costs: We will value vehicle repairs (or replacement of a totaled vehicle) and the replacement of clothing, cell phone, and other property damaged during your car accident.
- Lost income: Your attorney will seek fair compensation for lost income, diminished earning power, lost bonuses, and other professional harm related to your collision.
- Pain and suffering: You may have physical pain, psychological distress, emotional anguish, lost quality of life, and other intangible losses that we can place a monetary value on.
Our attorneys understand the prohibitive cost of car accidents. Thus, we will identify and value each of your damages, then fight for every dollar you are entitled to recover.
Call Jackman Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
We generally face deadlines for filing car accident cases. You must complete the filing deadline to ensure you get the opportunity to seek the money you deserve.
So, please don’t wait to speak with our team serving Edmonds, WA. Call Jackman Law Firm today for a free consultation about hiring a car accident lawyer.