You wanted to better your life, so you sought mental health services. Yet, if you’re here, it’s because a therapist crossed certain boundaries and engaged in behavior that jeopardized your well-being. Whether you suffered emotional, sexual, or financial abuse, you have options for seeking closure and compensation. One of those options involves entrusting your legal matters to our Washington sexual abuse lawyer.
A therapist abuse attorney from Jackman Law Firm can hold the therapist accountable for their actions and seek financial recovery. While it may feel intimidating to initiate legal proceedings, you don’t have to do it alone. Call now to start your free initial consultation.
When Can I Hold a Therapist Accountable for My Losses?
WAC 246-847-170 outlines the code of ethics and standards that all therapists in the state must follow. When you undergo counseling, healthcare professionals must offer goal-oriented therapy that puts your best interests first. This means refraining from any behaviors that affect a patient’s quality of life.
Under state law, therapists must refrain from:
- Offering unnecessary treatment for financial gain
- Starting or entering into business arrangements with patients
- Violating patient/therapist confidentiality
- Shaming, humiliating, or embarrassing a patient
- Physically assaulting the patient (even if it’s in the name of “treatment”)
- Discriminating against a patient based on their race, age, gender identity, or other criteria
Some therapists will initiate inappropriate relationships with clients. For instance, a therapist may make a patient feel so dependent on them that they can’t live independently. A therapist may also engage in romantic or sexual acts with a vulnerable patient––another violation of the state’s code of ethics.
If you’re uncertain whether you have grounds for a therapy abuse case in Washington, don’t hesitate to consult Jackman Law Firm about your options. We offer around-the-clock legal consultations to prospective clients.
For a free legal consultation with a therapist abuse lawyer serving Washington, call 206-558-5555
Our Law Firm Can Seek Compensation After Suffering Therapist Abuse
Financial recovery should account for each way the abuse affected your life. Based on your situation, you could recover both economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Healthcare expenses (such as additional counseling services)
- Lost income, if the incident caused you to miss work
- Pain and suffering
- Anything of relevance you spent out of pocket
- Mental anguish and emotional trauma
Our Washington therapist abuse lawyers intend to recover everything you need to move forward with your life. That said, you could recover losses not listed here. During your free consultation with our law firm, you can learn more about your compensable losses and what goes into recovering them.
We Have a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Washington State does not require therapists to carry malpractice insurance. So, this could make filing a personal injury lawsuit our only option for seeking financial recovery. As with all states, Washington has a statute of limitations that outlines how long injured claimants have to sue.
Therapy abuse cases can get complicated for many reasons––and we can’t discuss your case’s filing deadline without learning about what you endured. One fact remains: we must adhere to the statute of limitations, or you could lose the right to seek damages. This means that you could hold the therapist accountable for their inappropriate behavior, possibly leaving you without financial recovery.
Washington Therapist AbuseLawyer Near Me 206-558-5555
Services You Can Expect From Our Washington Therapist Abuse Lawyers
Pursuing a civil action against a therapist can quickly turn into an uphill battle—especially if you don’t have legal representation. For instance, most therapy sessions happen behind closed doors, only involving the professional and the patient. So, the therapist may allege that your statements are purely hearsay. They may even use your mental health diagnosis as a way to discredit your allegations.
This is where you benefit from having a Washington therapist abuse lawyer from Jackman Law Firm on your side. We intend to manage your case by:
- Investigating previous allegations of abuse. Some therapists are serial offenders. We could see if former patients filed complaints and learn how they were resolved. This could provide critical evidence in your case.
- Assessing your losses .Our team can include both economic and non-economic damages in your claim’s overall value. As noted, these losses can range from necessary medical care to pain and suffering.
- Handling all case-related communications. You don’t have to confront the therapist or their lawyers alone; we handle all case-related text messages, emails, and phone calls, saving you time and stress.
Our personal injury attorneys handle everything that goes into guiding your claim to a conclusion. Now is the time to focus on your health, family, and future. In the meantime, you can expect us to go above and beyond for your rights.
We Advocate for Therapy Abuse Claimants on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You have many financial obligations right now. The last thing we want is to add to your burdens. So, Jackman Law Firm extends legal services on a contingency-fee basis. A portion of your awarded settlement pays for our help—never your own savings. As noted, we also offer free claim reviews where, at no obligation, you can meet our team and explore your next steps.
Our Previous Clients Speak to Our Quality of Service
Over the past decades, Jackman Law Firm has recovered more than $20 million in injury-related expenses. Yet, our previous case results are just the tip of the iceberg regarding the service we offer. Some clients have felt compelled to share:
- “Chris is the absolute best attorney you could ever hope for! Ethical, understanding, honest, and responsive and serves his clients with efficient results. We appreciate his knowledge and integrity. Thank you, Chris!” ––R.L.
- “Chris Jackman was my lawyer. He was extremely communicative, informative, and helpful with the case. He made me feel at ease with this situation, which can be difficult and challenging. I am extremely thankful to have had an attorney who cared so much!” ––S.B.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form
Begin Your Free Claim Review With Our Washington Personal Injury Team
You don’t have to spend another minute worrying about the outcome of your injury claim or lawsuit. Jackman Law Firm is here to support you in your darkest hour, guiding your case to the light. Call now to connect with our legal team.