You don’t realize it until you’re injured by one, but we all act on faith when we purchase or use a product, assuming it’s safe. When that proves false and leaves you hurting, you might feel betrayed and unmoored.
At Jackman Law Firm, we can’t reverse what happened to you, but we can work to restore your peace of mind following an injury from a faulty product. Our Washington personal injury lawyers find you answers by piecing together what happened and then find you closure by seeking damages from those who allowed it to happen. Reach out today to get started.
How Does a Washington Injury Attorney Help with Defective Product Cases?
We might answer that question with another question: What help do you need? Defective product cases vary widely, as do the injuries they cause, the effect they have on victims, and the steps needed to get justice. When you come to us, we create a custom plan for getting compensation for you based on how you were hurt and what it will take to make you whole again.
The Washington personal injury lawyers can:
- Piece together what happened based on the evidence, witness testimony, your account, and research into the product.
- Identify where in the chain of production and sale something went wrong, using that to determine if designers, manufacturers, sellers, or other parties are liable.
- File the necessary paperwork, whether it’s an insurance claim or a lawsuit, making sure everything is filed correctly and with the necessary evidence.
- Negotiate the terms of a settlement, ensuring all your losses are accounted for by the damages, including any future losses.
- Take your case to court if the settlement negotiations don’t resolve your case, construct an argument for damages, and defend against the other side’s attacks.
How Do You Know You Can Trust Jackman Law Firm?
We pride ourselves on being a law firm you can trust. You can put your defective products case in our hands knowing that our defective product attorneys provide:
- A decade of experience handling injury cases
- Free case reviews for you to ask questions
- Customer service availability at all times, day or night
- Same-day responses from our team
- Regular, unprompted check-ins about case progress
- No fee for you unless we resolve your case
We employ a combination of candor and tact when it comes to talking about your case with you, making sure you have all the information you need while also giving you whatever space you need to process your situation.
What Product Liability Cases Do We Handle?
A lot of accident scenarios can fall under the label of product liability, including defects or mistakes associated with:
- Auto, motorcycle, and bicycle parts
- Toys and other children’s products
- Medical devices and medications
- Cosmetics and personal hygiene products
- Household accessories like yard tools and appliances
- Machinery like water heaters or lawnmowers
- Tech devices like phones with defective batteries
- Construction materials and equipment
- Pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals
For example, talcum powder was widely used for decades but is now linked to certain kinds of cancers. Similarly, some commonly-used agricultural products have had an effect on health, with a number of Paraquat lawsuits connecting the herbicide to Parkinson’s disease. Other famous defective product cases include asbestos and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recall of Takata airbags.
However, any product made incorrectly or released without proper instructions or warnings could cause harm. If you aren’t sure if your Washington case qualifies, run it past our defective product lawyers during a free consultation. We can review the specifics of your case to see if it meets the criteria for negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a defective product lawyer serving Washington, call 206-558-5555
You Deserve Damages for a Defective Product in Washington State
You deserve compensation for any losses you experienced from getting hurt by the product—medical, financial, or emotional. That means damages for:
- Medical bills including procedures to rectify a medical mistake, treat illnesses or complications, or return you to a new normal
- Rehabilitation and ongoing costs like physical therapy, mental health counseling, prescriptions, and medical equipment
- Lost income from any type of job, including salaried, hourly, freelance, or monetized hobbies and gigs
- Reduced ability to earn an income as well as training to help you adjust to a new job that accommodates any permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, reduced enjoyment of life, loss of hobbies, and other personal losses
The injuries that defective products can cause range from bruises and cuts to burn injuries to traumatic brain injuries. Our Washington product liability lawyers won’t accept settlement offers until we understand the full extent of what you suffered due to a defective product. Cuts can get infected, burns can limit joint mobility and cause disfigurement, and traumatic brain injuries can cost significantly more than other injuries. Your unique reaction to your injuries needs consideration.
Despite what insurers or company representatives might make you think about settlement offers having a time limit or being the best they can provide, negotiating for damages is actually an ongoing process that requires hammering out details. We aren’t afraid to push back on an offer by collecting and submitting evidence of what you truly deserve.
How Long Do You Have to Seek These Damages?
In Washington state, you generally have three years to file a lawsuit from the date of the incident, according to RCW § 4.16.080. However, it’s possible that another statute of limitations could apply, depending on the circumstances of your case. These deadlines can be very complicated to determine on your own, so we recommend reaching out to our firm.
Product liability victims sometimes don’t know the source of their problem right away, especially in the case of exposure to chemicals or hazardous substances. Some accidents also require time to sift through the evidence to understand what happened. As a result, getting started on the investigation right away is crucial.
Washington Defective ProductLawyer Near Me 206-558-5555
What Should You Do Next for a Washington Product Liability Injury Case?
Contact Jackman Law Firm to get started. Our defective product attorneys in the state of Washington can get to the bottom of any design flaws, malfunctions, or mistakes that caused your injuries, connecting that negligence with your losses in a case for damages. Don’t wait when we are available now to handle everything. You can reach out no matter what time of day or day of the week it is—we’re available 24/7.