If a negligent medical provider or medical facility harmed you or your loved one, you deserve compensation for your suffering and financial losses. However, proving your injury resulted from a medical error can be challenging and often involves facing off against large and powerful medical institutions, insurance companies, and their attorneys.
You do not have to fight alone. A Washington personal injury attorney with Jackman Law Firm can stand up for your rights and best interests. Our medical malpractice lawyers can establish that medical malpractice caused your injuries and damages and aggressively pursue economic justice for you or your hurt family member. Get started today with a free consultation.
Compensation for Medical Malpractice Injuries
You should not have to pay for negligent treatment or expenses incurred because of a medical error. Our medical malpractice attorneys serving Washington State will fight to recover awards for your financial damages and intangible losses. Compensation may include the following:
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, hospitalizations, emergency treatment, physical therapy, prescription drugs, medical equipment, follow-up care, and long-term nursing
- Lost income and employment benefits, including lost future earnings and compensation for your reduced earning potential if you suffered a permanent or disabling malpractice injury
- Household services and medically necessary home or vehicle modifications
- Pain and suffering, including scarring, disfigurement, loss of a bodily function, severe and chronic pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life
If your loved one suffered a fatal medical malpractice injury, our Washington wrongful death lawyers can pursue many of the above damages on behalf of their estate and its beneficiaries. Qualifying survivors can also seek compensation for the loss of the deceased’s services, care, and companionship.
Some states cap damages for medical malpractice. Washington does not.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Washington, call 206-558-5555
Our Washington Medical Malpractice Attorneys Can Establish Medical Negligence
To win your case, you must show that a healthcare provider or institution did not uphold the medical profession’s accepted standard of care when treating you. Proving this can be difficult; our team can help.
Jackman Law Firm has fought for personal injury clients for over 10 years, successfully recovering six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for those harmed by others’ careless and wrongful behavior. We know what it takes to build a robust case while serving you with honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Our Washington medical malpractice lawyers can do the following to establish liability for your injuries and secure the compensation you deserve:
- Hire and consult with medical experts when needed
- Obtain your medical records
- Find and review medical and scientific research that supports your case
- Interview witnesses about your medical treatment
- Look into previous malpractice complaints (if any) against the negligent provider or facility
- Document receipts, bills, pay stubs, invoices, estimates, and other proof of your losses
- Prepare and file medical malpractice insurance claims and related paperwork
- Handle case-related phone calls, emails, and texts
- Represent you in meetings and in court
- Reject lowball settlement offers, stand up against bad faith insurance tactics, and aggressively negotiate for the compensation you deserve
- File a medical malpractice lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Medical malpractice is not limited to the actions of doctors and hospitals. Our law firm can help you pursue a case against any healthcare professional or medical institution responsible for your injuries. Our Washington injury attorneys can help with claims involving the following:
- Dental malpractice
- Nursing malpractice
- Mental healthcare malpractice
- Physical therapy malpractice
- Chiropractic malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Pharmacy errors
Washington Medical MalpracticeLawyer Near Me 206-558-5555
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider or facility deviates from accepted medical standards, and their actions, or failure to act, result in harm to a patient.
Malpractice goes beyond an unfavorable outcome, a disagreement about treatment options, or a lousy bedside manner. A medical malpractice claim alleges that a provider behaved negligently or wrongfully, and their actions caused your injuries and financial damages.
Medical mistakes that may qualify as malpractice include the following:
- Failure to diagnose an injury or illness
- Failure to treat a medical condition
- Wrong-site surgery
- Incorrect or unnecessary surgery
- Leaving a foreign object inside the body
- Failure to prevent infection
- Medication errors
- Dosage errors
- Failure to follow up with a patient
- Lack of patient supervision
- Premature discharge
- Birth injuries
Pursuing a Medical Malpractice Claim in Washington State
There are several other important things you should know about pursuing a medical malpractice case in the state of Washington:
You Must File Your Case Before the Statute of Limitations Expires
RCW § 4.16.350 outlines the statute of limitations for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit in Washington. According to the law, most victims have three years to pursue their case in civil court, though there are circumstances that could extend the deadline. The clock starts when the malpractice occurred or when you discovered (or reasonably should have discovered) malpractice caused your injury.
Our malpractice lawyers can tell you more about how long you have to seek compensation and help you get started on your case before it is too late. Contact us today.
You Must Engage in Mandatory Mediation
Many medical malpractice cases get settled outside of court. However, if we must take your case to trial, you will likely have to engage in mandatory mediation first, according to RCW § 7.70.100. We will prepare you for this process and represent you throughout. Decisions made in mediation are not binding unless you sign a settlement agreement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form
Contact Jackman Law Firm for Medical Malpractice Case Assistance
At Jackman Law Firm, we strive daily to provide legal representation worthy of your trust. We will work tirelessly for compensation and justice for you and your family. Contact us today to learn more about how our medical malpractice attorneys can fight for you. We offer risk-free, no-cost consultations and take cases on contingency. You only pay if we win.