In Washington, as in every other state in America, drunk driving is illegal and unacceptable. If your accident was caused by an intoxicated driver, you can call Jackman Law Firm and hire a lawyer to seek fair compensation from the at-fault party.
Our Washington car accident lawyer can help you by managing your case and making sure you have all of the information you need to make smart legal decisions. We handle the day-to-day legal work while you focus on rebuilding your life.
Seeking Damages After a Drunk Driving Accident in Washington State
If you suffered unnecessary injuries due to someone else’s failure to obey Washington’s drunk driving laws, our Washington personal injury lawyer can pursue the following types of car accident damages, among others:
- Pain and suffering: The physical and psychological injuries incurred because of the accident
- Reduced quality of life: The fact that you cannot currently (or ever) return to your old lifestyle
- Medical expenses: The money you have spent/will spend on treating all of your injuries
- Lost wages: The money you were unable to earn from your job while your injuries healed
Filing for Drunk Driving Accident Compensation in Time
If you want to take legal action against a drunk driver, RCW § 4.16.080 states that Washington residents have up to three years to do so. Once three years have passed since the crash, your right to damages expires.
Get in touch with Jackman Law Firm at your earliest convenience. We want to make sure we have plenty of opportunities to go over your case with you and file the necessary paperwork within the deadline.
Drunk Driving Accidents and Wrongful Deaths
Alcohol played a role in over 6,000 accidents in the state of Washington in 2022, according to the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT). While the vast majority of these resulted in no or minor injuries, 129 crashes were fatal.
If your loved one has already passed away from drunk driving accident injuries, please accept Jackman Law Firm’s condolences for your loss. We want you to know that you can seek compensation for things like loss of companionship and funeral expenses—and we would do all of the work in pursuing those damages.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving car accident lawyer serving Washington, call 206-558-5555
Can Our Washington Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Help You?
The first step toward answering this question is to call our office and get a free case evaluation from a member of our team. That team member can also tell you about a few of the advantages we offer to clients:
- We are accessible: Clients can easily reach us any time they have a problem, even on weekends and holidays or in the middle of the night.
- We are honest: Our firm maintains the highest standards of integrity at all times. You can depend on us to keep you apprised of all developments and to provide frank advice about your legal options.
- We charge nothing up front: Our clients only pay us attorney’s fees once we put money in their pocket. If we do not win their case, they owe us nothing.
- We protect you from the insurer: If the at-fault party’s insurer calls you, tell them to contact us instead. Jackman Law Firm can relay messages between the two (or more) sides in your case.
How Your Washington Drunk Driving Case Might Go
While there is no way to predict exactly how your case will pan out ahead of time, we can give you a rough idea of what to expect. Remember that Jackman Law Firm is always happy to answer your questions or work with you to resolve unexpected challenges along the way as we:
- Investigate each client’s case. This includes requesting and examining copies of the police report, your medical records, and accident scene photos, among other evidence.
- Determine who the liable parties are. While the drunk driver was clearly at fault, we also want to know if anyone else violated the law, e.g., if a dram shop sold alcohol to the visibly drunk driver.
- Tell you how much to sue for. Our team can use the evidence to calculate how much your losses are worth and make sure you ask for an adequate amount.
- Negotiate with the liable party. Some insurers are willing to work with us to come up with a fair settlement that meets the client’s needs.
- Go to court if we have to do so. Most cases are settled out of court, but if we have to go to trial and seek a jury award on your behalf, we will not hesitate.
Washington Drunk Driving Car AccidentLawyer Near Me 206-558-5555
What Counts as Drunk Driving in Washington?
You can find Washington state’s drunk driving law at RCW § 46.61.502. This law stipulates that:
- Driving under the influence of “any drug,” including alcohol and marijuana, is a crime.
- A blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher and/or a THC concentration of 5.0 or higher counts as “under the influence” for the purpose of bringing criminal charges and sentencing.
- Drunk driving by itself is a gross misdemeanor. If there are additional charges, such as vehicular homicide, to consider, it may rise to the level of a Class B felony.
Drunk Driving Is Easily Preventable and Never Acceptable
Even a single drink can affect a person’s judgment, so if you plan on having any alcohol at all, the responsible thing to do is to make alternative travel arrangements. It is both a legal and moral duty to avoid driving drunk by:
- Staying where you are
- Asking a friend or relative to drive you
- Calling a taxi or a rideshare service
It is very easy to protect yourself and others by not driving under the influence. If someone else failed in this basic duty, let our drunk driving accident attorney fight to get you the compensation you qualify for.
Start Your Washington Drunk Driving Case Today
Jackman Law Firm represents personal injury clients throughout the state of Washington. Call today so we can assess your case for free and tell you more about how our Washington drunk driving accident lawyer can be of service. Our team is eager to start fighting for justice for you.